Friday 5 November 2010

Homework Exercise - Marking Previous Work

- Have a look at the mark scheme below to get an idea of each level.
- Then watch all 4 videos
- Now using the mark scheme give each video a mark out of 60 and explain why...?




I would give this clip a level 4 with around 50 marks. I say this as it uses a variety of shots to create tension and drama within the film. However the non-liner structure of the clip meant that it was unclear on what is happening.



I would give this piece a high level 3 with around 45 marks. I say this as there is little sound added and relies on mainly diegetic sound to build tension. Also there is a limited number of shots used (Mid shots, close ups).





I would give this clip a high level 4 with 55-60 marks. I say this as they have used a variety of shots and use sound well to create tension and horror. The lighting used is effectively and creates the situation intended, the titles are also appropriate to the theme of the horror and fit in well.




I would give this horror film a high level 4 with close to or 60 marks. I say this as like on the example before a variety of shot types ares used to create various effects towards the audience. Lighting and colour is also used to develop tension and horror within the film throughout, this is accompanied by sound effects nearly all the way through which further create tension and leave the audience on the edge of there seats. The title sequence fits well with the film and stays conventional to the horror genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment